Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's that time again

It’s that time of the semester again! Finals are coming up, papers are coming due, and everyone is getting excited about the holidays. For me, this semester has been eye opening. I have realized that I am about to enter my last semester of college. I have had to juggle my school work, my job and applying for grad school, but it’s all about over. Oh my. Really, this is about how I feel right now:

Exhausted in the Rambler Office

You’ll hit these points throughout your college career, where you’ve done so much, that all you really want to do is just rest for a while. Completely veg out and do something mindless. Remember, though, that something will always come back to encourage you to keep going with school. You’ll read something really interesting in one of your classes (like the book “The Known World” for me in my 20th Century American Literature class right now) and you’ll be back in the game.


READ THIS BOOK. Really.

I’ve found that the best way to stay motivated is find a way to incorporate your school work into other things you find enjoyable. Take your articles down to Third Street Stuff or Cuppa or Common Grounds (local coffee shops) one night instead of cooping yourself up in the library or your room; take your textbooks home for the weekend and study while around your family; I am about to go run a bath and read there. Take breaks when you want to (not too many); take naps (not too many); and listen to your body when it tells you it’s had enough (but make sure that’s what it is actually saying).

Around the Holidays it’s easy to want to quit, but ya gotta stick with it. It’ll pay off; I promise! I’m walking proof.

No comments: