Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Spring break is always an exciting time in college. Whether you just go home and relax or head down south to the beach or up north to the big cities, everyone seems to enjoy this week more than any other week of the semester. Maybe it’s the fact that you can work on your school work at your own pace, or maybe it’s sleeping in until noon, or maybe it’s hanging out for extended periods of time with your friends, but whatever it is that Spring Break entails, it always seems to bring immense amounts of joy. For me, I had never actually gone anywhere other than home on any Spring Break in my life (which is fine, I love hanging out with my family. Last year, since it snowed, we all went sledding!) This year, though, I packed up my bathing suit and beach towels and headed down to Florida with 6 of my best friends for the week.
Spring Break 2008 at home! Snow storm!

It was glorious! 80 degrees, a cloudless blue Florida sky, board games, dancing, naps, good books and beaches led to a week of solid relaxation, something that everyone seems to have needed. We stayed in a friend’s condo at Cocoa Beach, woke up every day around 9 and headed to the pool and either read, listened to music or napped in the sun until it was time to come inside. We took walks on the beach in the afternoon and either played mini-golf, went out to eat, watched movies or played board games at night. It was totally worth the 14 hour road trip!
Spring Break 2009! Cocoa Beach!

Even though I’m recovering from a mild bought of sun poisoning (fair skin + hours in the sun even with sunscreen = Not a good idea), I know that this week is exactly what I needed to refresh me and get me ready for the last few weeks of this semester—2 15 page papers, 2 8 page papers and finals better look out!

No comments: