Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wednesday nights for me are solely dedicated to Rambler production nights. These nights putting together the paper are usually pretty eventful, but the week before spring break became particularly interesting.
Our (incredibly awesome) adviser, Terri, received a call from her daughter-in-law that she had found a tiny puppy that needed rescuing. The Rambler team went into action. We brought the pretty little girl into our office and began making phone calls to parents and friends to see if anyone wanted her.


Little Rambler! (Ignore me in my pajamas. It's spring break!)

Unfortunately, most of our calls didn’t show any promise of finding her a home, so I decided that I would keep her with me at my apartment until we could find someone.
We named her Rambler after the place where she spent most of her first night. I had her a week. I taught her to sit. I took her on walks. I desperately wanted to keep her, but I knew that it wouldn’t be fair to keep her locked up in my apartment (which is pretty much the size of a cage) while I was away at school and work.

Sleepy Rambler!

Sometimes in college, you’ll have to choose between the responsible thing to do and what you want to do. I am happy to say, though, that after about a week, Rambler has found a home with a huge yard, 3 little boys and another dog to play with! We will miss her, but at least we have a little Transy legacy running around Lexington now.

No comments: